Monday, August 31, 2009

Round 2 Chemo - KO

Round 2 is complete and a success. I felt really good all day and I was even able to take a 2 hour nap this afternoon. After Round 1 last week, I was wide awake and could not even wind down through the night and I did not get tired until mid-Tuesday afternoon. Tonight, however, I am already feeling tired and ready for bed. So that is a relief. I like to sleep.

We are excited the chemo appears to be working. Dr. AJ reinforced with Dan today that he would not say the cluster is smaller, but "medically speaking" the cluster is less firm and more mobile. He said he was excited about that, especially after only one treatment.

I was also encouraged today because the attack of my immune system only occurs with the first 4 treatments. The other 12 chemo treatments attack the nerve system, so Dr. AJ anticipates I may experience numbness and tingling in my extremities with those 12. I was thrilled to think I only have to be extra cautious about getting sick for the next 6 weeks...sounds much easier than fighting it for 18 weeks! Do not worry about me getting plenty of sleep. As I mentioned before, I like to sleep!

I mistakenly told Fr. Allen at church this morning that I feel so lucky because I have felt so good thus far. I should have told him that I am standing proof of the Power of Prayer! I think he knows that, but I do completely appreciate the thoughts and prayers and the continuous support! This is Our Fight to Win!

I will go for my booster shot tomorrow after work and re-start all my prescription and non-prescription meds to prevent the nausea and bone pain. I should be ready for Friday Night Football!

7 comments:

  1. So happy the chemo went well today and glad that you love to sleep. Rest is wonderful for fighting and healing. I have no doubt the fight will be won with all the prayers and love that are coming your way. Sending lots of love and prayers to you, Dan and the little one. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a FIGHTER! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm so glad you've had a good day. Also, it's good to know your biggest risk to your immune system is within the first 4 treatments! It's amazing to think that when I looked at your counter lastnight at this very same time there had been 45 visitors, just 24 hours later there's 614!!! Look at all the lives you've touched, and all the people here to pray for you!! GOD is ABSOLUTELY Amazing!!!! I love Him and all that he is doing for you! I love you! Take care of yourself!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Dan and Family.....
    we are thinking of you and praying for you everyday!!!!!!!!

    The Sears' (Kirk, Shelly, Tanner, and Torye)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mare-Dog,

    I'm glad round 2 is over! The Stable will be looking for a couple of wins Wednesday night to bring home the championship!!! It is not quite the same without you and Dan there but we know you are with us in spirit. Get plenty of rest this week so you will be ready for Friday night!!!! Keep your head held high and Fight Like a Girl!!!

    Love ya,
    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I can't wait to reinforce what you have already taught Malia at religion class tomorrow night. DeAnn and I have some furn and exciting things to share with them!

    Hang in there,
    Gary, Stacey and Crew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling good. I hope every week you have a treatment you feel that good. Continued hope and prayers for you and yours.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete