Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Girl Power

This is my Support Structure...



Not sure where I would be without my Mother, my Big Sister, and My Beautiful Daughters! They have taken extra special care for me and my family since day one. Together, we have a lot of Girl Power and we are Fighters!

I was surprised with the Fight Like A Girl shirts that were created by my department co-workers and friends at Heartland and given to us. We are modeling them in the pictures above...they are awesome. Daddy and Bo have shirts too. Maggie was a little concerned about Bo wearing pink, but we convinced her it was OK because Daddy has the same shirt and the shirt is for Mommy's Cancer. The gang at work is currently selling them and I hear they are selling like crazy.

Malia brought home a special book from Mrs. Swinford's Library tonight. Titled Hair For Mama by Kelly A. Tinkham. Mrs. Swinford warned me it would be a tear-jerk er and it is. At one point, Malia looked at me and said, "Is THAT what you are going to look like?" This is all tough for little kids to understand. Heck, it is even tough for me to understand sometimes. So far, I have been so blessed to have my support structure in place and they, along with Dan, take my place during the tired, weak days and my kids do not even notice a difference. As far as my kids are concerned, they do not think or know that Mommy is sick and I hope to keep it that way. We will deal with the "No Hair For Mama" thing whenever that happens.

15 comments:

  1. Mary, you are awesome. Dan, Grandma Kate, and Sash, you are amazing. Keep taking good care of Mary, the kids, and each other. LOVE the pictures!! Much love and many prayers from CB... Kellie, Dave, Maddie, Aidan, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    Love the pics!! What a great group of girls to have in your corner!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, what beautiful pics! You stay strong & I got to say you got the best group of people in your corner! With all our love & prayers jim & Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep kicking Ass!
    See you in a couple of weeks!

    Love
    Clint, Kim and Max

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and yes, a wonderful support system. Think about you often. Sending lots of hugs, kisses, love and prayers to all of you. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the book. Love the pictures! What a support system you have to help you stay strong and fight!!

    Love ya,
    Ronnie and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    Thinking and praying for you and your family to keep up the strong fight. LOVE the shirts and the pictures with you and "your girls." Hope Dan wears his pink shirt to school. If he does tell him to step on in my kidnergarten room to say HI!!!!!!
    Love ya!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to hear you are surrounded by love and support. I hope you post more info on the t-shirts and where we can buy them. And what a great way to prepare your little ones for the changes that happen with chemo. As hard as it is to hear, your children will be well prepared and handle it well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,
    I hope things continue to go well. Keep the hand sanitizer everywhere and get everyone a little bottle. Kyle carries his with him everywhere. I love the t-shirts and would love to get a couple for Jess and I. Who do I contact?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the good fight. I am praying for you daily. Let us know where we can order shirts. Your positive attitude and determination are astounding.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary - You are so amazing! I love the shirts! Great Pics! Thinking of you always! Love, Mollee, Mike, Merric and McCain

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to ditto the many many MANY positive comments on your blog and just add ... YOU ROCK! LOVE YOU MUCH KIDDO ... Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the BEST support system I've ever seen! It truly is touching! I've got ya all in my prayers! I can't wait to see you soon! I love you, and have always thought you were one heck of an amazing person! Continue looking up, stay strong, and know we've all got your back babe!
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, I'm so glad you are doing so well! Michelle said she saw you before the NW game Saturday....I'd like a pink t-shirt too! Let me know if I can still get one! Keep smiling & keep fighting...I know you will! You've got tons of support! Melissa Mattson

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pictures!! I keep praying for you!!
    Susan Henry

    ReplyDelete