Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Eve of Round 2

Just patiently waiting for Round 2 tomorrow, Monday, 10 AM. Today actually went fast for me. We spent the day at Mother's and she helped me finish the genetic questionnaire. I am going through a genetic pre-disposition testing because I am diagnosed at such a young age and a piece of it is the questionnaire. Mother, my Sister, and I started it last week and were cruising right through it...until...we came upon questions asking for Your Mother's Sisters and Brothers and Your Father's Sisters and Brothers and it also wanted the children of the Sisters and Brothers. I laughed out loud...they allowed for 4 Brothers and Sisters for each my Mother and my Father...My Father is one of 12 and My Mother is one of 14 and I have 50+ cousins on EACH side of the family. Needless to say, I made a phone call to the genetic counselor and asked for permission to send an electronic file because I was afraid I may get a hand cramp from all the writing. Thanks to Aunt Liz in the Schieber Family and Cousin Vicki and My Sister in the Henry Family for maintaining the Family Calendars...they were a lifesaver! We were able to compile the necessary information fairly quickly. As soon as I get the questionnaire sent in, I will be scheduled for some counseling and blood work to complete the genetic testing. The final result is supposed to help the doctors determine if the root cause of the Breast Cancer is Bad Genes or simply Bad Luck!

Thanks also to the LOYAL friend of my Sister's that posted the Fight Like A Girl song on my blog. So, turn up your volume! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

13 comments:

  1. Incredible song, very inspirational! We all know that you are going to win this fight, keep your gloves up and bring on Round 2! I'll be saying some special prayers for you tomorrow! Love you bunches and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today with round two. Will be thinking of you often and saying a prayer all is going well.

    Ronnie and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song!! We do have a mind boggling family, don't we? Think of all that love and support. We love you and pray for Round 2 Success. Cancer is "going down"!! I admire you and your strength. Love to all of you. Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you always...........
    lots of love, alena, kent & girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Mar, I hope you have those gloves all polished and spit-shined for Round No. 2. No doubt in my mind that you do! Try to enjoy yourself today!!!... Wasn’t something I was expecting to say right now, but I keep thinking about what you told me about the other cancer patients that were there with you last time, I hope you are able to be a shining light into their lives today! I know you will be! You are an ABSOLUTELY amazing person. I love you!! Take care of yourself this week!

    LouWho

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same issue when we had genetic tests ran with our baby b/c of Matthew's heart defect. THey left me WAY too few spots and then looked at me crazy when I handed them my typed sheet!! Gotta love Catholic families. Plus big families = LOTS of prayers!! Praying for your strength and for a good reaction to this treatment!!

    Tiffany Carroll Kirkland

    ReplyDelete
  7. KICK BUT TODAY!!! Good luck and fight like a girl!!!

    Love
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! So glad they got the dang sound figured out...i'm goin to have to ask mom how she did it cause it couldn't of been that HARD! Good Luck today I know you'll kick butt. If you need anything this week let me know. Love you LOTS...TIFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you today and hoping all will go well. I will come see you on Friday when the Bulldogs take on the (not so mighty) Rockets!

    XOXO,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about you today. Keep up the good work Mary! We love you and pray for you daily! Love, Mollee Mike Merric and McCain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great song!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend and hoping today goes well!!! Love and prayers always!!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,
    I've been thinking of you a lot today. Can't imagine how you must feel, but we do have an amazing family and support system. We continue to pray for you every day. You truly are an inspiration to all.
    Love & prayers,
    Randy & Alice Tanking

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary!
    I have been thinking alot about you these days, and it is so good to know how great you are doing. Your fighting spirit and your faith give you the advantage in this war. We want you to know that we are there doing spiritual warfare for you , and we know that prayer works. You are the best example of grace under pressure that I have witnessed. Keep up the fight, and we will be right there with you!
    with love,
    Tim and Sharon Streeby

    ReplyDelete