Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thank You with Hugs & Kisses

Big Sigh...Where to Start?!? I cannot begin to express in words the overwhelming emotion of gratitude I have! I have experienced so many acts of kindness, heartfelt gestures, words of encouragement, prayers, and hugs & kisses. To each of you I simply say, "Thank You, Your Rewards will be Great!" This fight is not mine to win alone, but WE will do this together. The end result may not be a KO, but I am determined to win by decision. With my support structure, I am prepared to fight to the very last bell...through every round. The boxing gloves in the picture are MINE. My oldest niece, Cyndi, gave them to me with the inspirational message...ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT? Fortunately, I have lots of motivation to answer, "Damn Right, I am!" I took a picture of my 3 adorable children with me to share with Dr. Silva and staff to help them understand just how serious and competitive I am. I told them, "This is my motivation!" as I shared the picture. Dan immediately realized he was not in the picture, but as you all know, Dan and I are meant to grow old together. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this year and plan to celebrate many more together! I also have my mother, my rock! She led this family through my Big Sister's battle with cancer and several other trials along the way and her faith never faltered. Not sure she was prepared to lead the way again for her baby girl, but she did not hesitate. She gave me a relic from Padre Pio, the saint who cured hundreds from cancer. She visited his shrine in Italy on a previous trip. I also have my Big Sister! She has shown me the way with her toughness and persistence and proudly wears the purple survivor shirt during the annual Relay for Life walks, which my daughters call "Sashy's Walk". I have my guardian angel in heaven, my Daddy, looking over me and guiding me every step of the way. I have the strength from my brothers that I can always depend on in any time of need. I also have my own health. I struggle to remember a time that I have felt better. And I have all of you..family, nieces, nephews, friends, parish members, co-workers. We will WIN this fight together!

We have witnessed the Power of Prayer in my family and community and with my friends. And I will be Proud to be added to the list!

I had a couple reminders that my prayers were not complete as of late. A marquee in St. Joseph contains the message, "Have You Thanked God Today?" And the opening song in daily mass last Thursday was Now Thank We All Our God. Dan and I both admitted that we were behind a few days, but I can promise you that I have caught up. I do have too much to be thankful for...Life is Good, the Fight is On!

26 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let all of you know we're thinking, hoping, praying, for you. Randy and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know that I'm thinking and praying for your you and your family. There is no doubt in my mind that you won't beat this and live a long happy, healthy life with Dan.
    I still have never forgotten you two in the Lamaze class I taught, and the comment Dan made about your boobs!! LOL
    Hang in there!!!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    Just wanted you to know that the Galbraith Gang is praying for you every day. I know how strong you are---you WILL beat this thing! We are here for you if you need ANYTHING. Love you!---Laura, Mike & kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,

    Thank you for posting this blog so we can monitor your progress as you WIN this battle. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers. If you need anything or help with the kids at school, just let me know. Love and hugs,
    Ronnie and Sue Swinford

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary and Family,
    We have just learned of your fight. We are with you all the way Mary. You will fight and we will fight right along side of you! You are in our thoughts and prayers always forever! Please let us know of anything you need. We love you and we can do this!
    Love, Mollee, Mike, Merric and McCain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,
    You have always been such a tough person and I know that you will win your fight. If there is anyting I can do let me know. We are praying for you.
    Linda Allen and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary: I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You sound very strong and positive, which half the battle. Your strong faith will carry you through this. Take care. Tina Wirtz (Acker)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,
    I learned of your fight last week and it's knocked me for a loop. I go to bed thinking about you and wake up thinking about the road ahead. I had to laugh when I read your posting from late last night. That competitive voice and attitude is so you! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you start kicking butt!
    Your old friend,
    Steph Fletchall Robertson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do I begin? I was so shocked when you told me about your cancer that I didn't have the presence of mind to ask anything important. Thank goodness Donna gave me your blog address. I thought about you all weekend and am praying for you every day. I love you so much and you know that I would do anything for you, so call me (660/725-7107 cell) if you need anything. I will cook, clean, shop, babysit, go with you to the doctor - you name it.
    XOXO,
    Alisa (Rob, Kelsey & Trevor, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary,
    Our thoughts, prayers, & love are with you. With such amazing strength and all of the people that love you praying for you, I know you will beat this. Take good care!
    Much love,
    Chuck, Karen, & family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mary,
    As soon as I got the text that you were going for a biopsy, Charlie and I went to Church to light a candle. We will keep the prayers coming. We have two 24/7 perpetual adoration groups so you will never be w/o prayer in this family. We have every confidence in your resolve and strength to fight and win this battle. Dick and Karen are your personal angels and will never leave your side before, during, or after we win this fight. We all have so much love and hope in our heart we will overwhelm the heavens as we did for Theresa. As word spreads, so does the prayers, Mary. Trust in Jesus. He will hold you close in those really difficult moments if you let Him. I only wish we were closer to help you. We love you!!
    Jo & Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,
    We are Thinking and Praying for You! You are like us...very competitive and we have no doubt that you will win this fight! If we can do anything please let us know!! We are Hoping all of God's extra special Prayers are sent your way!
    Take Care~ Pat, Pam ,Tanner, Tyler and Taylor Walter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know how strong you are! There is NO DOUBT in my mind that u will WIN this fight. I pray to Popo and Karen everyday for you. I LOVE YOU!!!!! xoxoxo

    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary,

    I just heard of your battle and we're right there with you fighting in your corner! You're tough and you're going to kick this! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Take good care!

    Chris & Lori Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dan, Mary, and family,

    Sending our prayers your way!

    Jeff and Joan Farnan and family

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are in your corner!!!!! We will pray for you and support you as you WIN this fight!!! We will do anything for you, don't hesitate to let us know! We know you will Win as you have always won every battle!

    Kirk, Shelly, Tanner, and Torye Sears

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary and family,

    Know that prayers are pouring your way. We all know how strong you are and how your family fights a battle. You need to know that we are the back up soldiers in this fight and that we will be here for anything you need. Prayers are a given just let us know if there is anything else. Prayer does change things!!!!
    Jeanette, Frank, Alan, Gina & Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello mary and dan. my mom told me about your scary news this weekend in mankato and i have been thinking and praying for you guys since then. this afternoon i was visiting with marsha r. and she told me that you guys got some good news this morning and that you had this blogspot. i was so relieved for both. i will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. i'm not very secure on my boxing lingo, but maybe i can just say..."i'm in your corner to"
    love, bridget holtman

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man... I bet that cancer is scared!!! I know I would be... you are one touch cookie. I know you will kick its butt!!

    Love ya,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending many prayers your way. You are a fighter and we know you will win this battle.

    Love-- Miah, Traci, Peyton and Kadyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh!!! Look at all your support, I never had a doubt in my mind, this is just wonderful! I am sooooo proud of you and your courage, I KNOW you are going to get through this and everything is going to be ok, it HAS to be! I am so proud to be your big sis and help you fight this awful beast! The prayers are already working, Thank you prayer warriors I didn't have a doubt with all you either!! I love you to the Moon and Back and I'm still waiting for that 1 am call or text:) Your favorite sis!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your neighbors are sending prayers your way. Your positive attitude is a great weapon. Keep up the fight. I love the gloves.

    Tim,Terri,Zach,Ben,Nate,and Matt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mary & Dan,
    You are not far from our thoughts and prayers everyday. Just wanted to let you know that you can count us in with the rest of the "prayer warriors".

    Brad, Anita, Aimee & Seth Noble

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers. I know you can kick this cancer's butt. If you need anything, let us know. Sending Love and prayers your way.
    Julie Day and family

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary and Dan, since we heard, you have been in all our thoughts and prayers. I did recruit a few extra prayers. The PINK SISTERS in ST. LOUIS have you on their prayer list and have been doing a 9 day novena for you. Can't have too many prayers. Stay tough! You can do it. The Pedersen Family

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wanted to say I am sending prayers up for you and your family big hug
    from an OLD friend of Dannys

    ReplyDelete