Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fight Like A Girl...

My Big Sister sent this song to me today at the request of my brother-in-law's cousin with a note that she will pray for me when she hears this song...Fight Like A Girl. The lyrics are below.

Also, we had a MVP celebration at Heartland today and honored ONE superstar employee. It was the first MVP reception for our new President and CEO and he shared a few words that hit very close to home for me and will stick with me forever. I will not quote him, but he indicated that ONE person cannot run a hospital (or fight breast cancer in my case) because it takes a team...a team with superstars. We are continuing to build our team of superstars and I would wager us against anybody or anything. Hey Team, Let's Go...Fight...Win!

Fight Like A Girl Lyrics...
Little girl alone on the playground
Tired of gettin' teased and gettin' pushed around
Wishin' she was invisible
To them
She ran home cryin
'"Why do they hate me?"
And Mama wiped the tears and said
"Baby, you're brave and you're beautiful.
So, hold your head high.
Don't ever let 'em define
The light in your eyes.
Love yourself, give them Hell.
You can take on this world.
You just stand and be strong
And then fight
Like a girl."
At 31 she was wheelin' and dealin'
Kept on hittin' that same glass ceilin'
She was never gonna be one of the boys, no
She coulda gave up on her ambition
And spent the rest of her life just wishin'
Instead she listened to her mama's voice sayin'
"Hold your head high.
Don't ever let 'em define
The light in your eyes.
Love yourself, give them Hell.
You can take on this world.
You just stand and be strong
And then fight
Like a girl.
"Oh, with style and grace
Kick ass and take names
Ten years of climbin' that ladder
Oh, but money and power don't matter
When the doctor said "the cancer spread"
She holds on tight to her husband and babies
And says "this is just another test God gave me.
And I know just how to handle this
"I'll hold my head high
I'll never let this define
The light in my eyes
Love myself, give it Hell
I'll take on this world
If I stand and be strong
No, I'll never give up
I will conquer with love
And I'll fight like
Like a girl
Ooh

6 comments:

  1. NO one will deny that this TEAM will fight like a girl!!!
    XOXOXOXOXO ~~~~~~~~~~Alena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this... Every day I read your posts and I just beam with pride. I would expect nothing less from you and of all the people I ever knew - you were one of the best examples of a team player! Keep up the fight girl. Love you!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, how fitting!!! That's an awesome song... I just listened to it on YouTube. You are such an inspiration. Your strength and confidence amaze me.... they always have! Good luck tomorrow, you better go-a-packin... get those gloves ready for a plan of attack! LOVE YOU!!! I'll be prayin all day!!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, my bets on you! I know you are going to knock that cancer right out of the ring. Your family is a prime example of how powerful prayer can be. And as for being competitive...what can I say?? Just keep knowing that you have alot of people in your corner. Keep swinging!

    Sandy Wilmes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary,
    The lyrics are so fitting. We're all in your corner to fight this disease.
    To blog all your info is such a great idea so no one has to keep repeating all your updates. When I read yesterday's update that the cancer was isolated in one place, it was the best news ever and I'm sure was such a relief.
    My best wishes and may God continue to bless you,
    Jane Walter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it! Fits you to a "T"! I know you will "kick ass with style and grace"... and win the fight! Fight like a girl, Mary, we will be there to help and to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete