Monday, August 24, 2009

Excited for a Normal Week

If you could see me, you would witness the twinkle in my eyes and the smile on my face. If you could hear me, you may cover your ears...I am shouting my excitement and joy to the heavens. I do not even feel like a young mother with breast cancer. I am truly blessed to feel so good and so healthy! Today is the first day of the most normal week scheduled since July 24, 2009! I ONLY had 1 doctor's appointment scheduled the entire week and it was today with Dr. AJ, Medical Oncologist. It was a consult follow-up to my first round of chemo last Monday. I am SO EXCITED! Dr. AJ indicated that 99% of chemo patients have a similar experience and reaction to every chemo treatment as they did to the first. This FIGHT is all mine! I was weak and very tired for 3 days after, but I had so much support and help to get my family through the week. And, most importantly, I was more than ready for Friday Night Stanberry Bulldog Football. YEAH!!! If I can handle every treatment in similar style, I will have a ton to be THANKFUL for...remember...Have You Thanked God Today?!? Now, I Thank Him several times a day!

We will Win This Fight! Thanks for your continued support and acts of kindness and generosity!

11 comments:

  1. You are awesome Mary! What an inspiration to others. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. GO MARY and GO Bulldogs!
    Diane J. and crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a GREAT attitude...so glad you're full of excitment!! My husband & I got a team together for the golf benefit and let me say, we are so excited and feel honored to be a part of your fight!!

    Keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Craig and familyAugust 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM

    You go girl! You are a fighter - we all know that. Keep up your strength and eating, though that may be difficult. I thank God for your support system --it is amazing how it helps in these kind of times. Continued prayers and GO BULLDOGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiration you are! You're post reminds me to take time to "Thank God" today. Something I tend to forget. Keep up your great spirit. You are daily in my prayers.
    Rose Henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, we are following your blog and praying everyday!! You're so strong...what an inspiration!!

    Crystal Archer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome!! I thank God for people like you! Our prayers are with you and your family every day. Even though I don't have someone playing this year(boo hoo), GO BULLDOGS!! See you Friday night!
    Sharon Luke and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I will use your daughter's word(ABSOLUTELY) to describe your desire to defeat this dreaded disease. God's love and prayers will get you through this time. Our prayers are with you, Dan the children daily. And as a Bulldog fan, go Bulldogs and have a great season.
    Ray and Debbi Schmitz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary...YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! You have a better attitude than anyone I know. You inspire me to be more thankful for all the gifts God has given me! Keep on keepin' on!! We are all behind you!!
    Cara Mattson and family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are having a more "normal" week, whatever that may be! Hope you are able to cheer on the Bearcats tonight? May God continute to give you physical and spiritual strength to fight your battle. Love you bunches. Prayers always. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I wish I had a tenth of the guts you have. There is no way you are not going to come out on top in this battle. What a great attitude. I will keep you, Dan, and the kids in my prayers. Good luck to you and the Bulldogs. Love you all,Mick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Mary, Matt and I have a team to play in the golf tourney and it is full that is so awesome. What an great example of reaching out to our neighbors in need, we are so blessed.
    Hope you are having a great week so far. We continue to pray without ceasing for you, Dan and the kids. Looking forward to Football tonight. God Bless you always, The Bracken's

    ReplyDelete