Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Round 7 Chemo - KO

Yeah!!! Shouts of Joy Raised to Heaven! The Best Round Yet!

I went into Round 7 Monday expecting to get sent home and rescheduled. Instead, I got the go-ahead to fight and it was the easiest round by far. I did not take my "sleeping pill" Monday morning because I did not think I would get the chemo, so I did not sleep the day away. Then I was able to sleep like a baby Monday night and even though I felt damn good when I woke up today, I decided to stay home and rest. And I did just that! I feel so good tonight!

Just realized that I have not even taken my anti-nausea meds today...and I have not had any nausea...I am so excited! Time flies...only 9 weeks of chemo left. It will go so fast!

Together, let's say a prayer for all those experiencing the flu bug, sickness and illness. Dear Lord, Please send down your healing power upon your children in need. Amen!

Speaking of Our God and Savior...I feel like a kid again. My Road of Life has slowed down immensely and I am noticing the greenest of green pastures and lawns, and the calendar is approaching November. I have always despised burnt, brown grass. And I thought it always burnt up in the August time frame. How wonderful to still have green grass! The leaves on the trees are more vibrant than I ever remember...fall has always been my favorite time of year! But Fall 2009 may go down in history with me as the best ever!

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling better and and enjoying the world around you!!! May god continue to bless!! Love you bunches. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God Bless you always. Finding joy in trials is obiedence to God. Praying without ceasing. PRIASE GOD!! Thoughts and prayers to you. The Brackens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only thank God for blessing us with your presence in our lives. We have been reminded of the power of prayer and the beauty of life!!! Fr Emil Kapaun continue to bless Mary, Dan and her family and cure her completely Amen. XXXOOOXXX Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite time of year too. Isn't God's work amazing. Enjoy. Take care and God bless. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is about the time of year I really miss living in Missouri. I miss those beautiful fall leaves! Texas doesn't have fall. Thanks for painting that beautiful vision of the fall leaves! Great to see hear that punches are still flying. We find out the baby's sex tomorrow. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you much - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some rest and you're able to enjoy the beautiful fall colors. Keep up the "fight" and I have no doubt you will win this battle. Continuing to send lots of prayers and love to you, Dan, and the little ones. Enjoy Halloween. Love you, Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I'm so glad to hear that the last one went so well. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prays. I love your positive attitude, keep it up. Lynette Auffert

    ReplyDelete