Monday, October 5, 2009

No Chemo This Week - YEAH!!!

My last week that is free of chemo until 2010...sounds kinda crazy, huh?!? I am excited to have a chemo-free week! After last week...I think I deserve one. Last week, at 9AM on Friday morning, I started craving Wendy's French Fries...it was the first sign that indicated I was on the road to recovery. I ate a cheeseburger and fries for lunch on Friday and felt amazingly wonderful...almost immediately! Just in time for the most exciting Stanberry Bulldog Football game of the season thus far. The Bulldogs scored twice in the fourth quarter to win the game 20-14. It was the first district game of the season and a huge victory! That is how football should be...exciting to the end!

Saturday was jam-packed with events to choose from...Paint the Parkway Pink in St. Joe on Saturday morning and Bearcat Football at Missouri Western in St. Joe on Saturday afternoon. But instead, my motherly instincts took over, and I awaited the arrival of my son to come home. He was happy to see me, but even happier to see his Big Sisters! It is wonderful to have everybody home and healthy again.

It is hard to admit, but last week was the first time since July 24th that I really felt like "Damn, I have cancer!" The black, dark circles appeared under my eyes and I felt like crap! It is true...I have cancer. Do you think I have been in denial?!? My heart wrenches for those who are alone or do not have the family and friends surrounding them and for the children who cannot even begin to understand. Hell, I am 36 and I am struggling to understand! It simply breaks my heart! Please pray for those less fortunate! I am so lucky to have all of you in my corner. Thank You!

9 comments:

  1. You are right, it doesn't seem real and it doesn't seem fair but yes you do have Cancer! I hate that word and CANCER SUCKS, I am just so happy that you are feeling alittle better and you have a free week. We are all praying hard that the next 12 weeks, wow that sounds like a long time, will go smooth and you will not be so sick! We are all in your corner waiting for the much needed KO! Take care of yourself and I Love you to the Moon and Back! Fr. Emil Kapaun PLEASE KO the beast and heal my baby sis COMPLETELY, AMEN! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Your Favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sis!! 12 weeks does sound like an eternity...just take one day at a time and conquer the challenges that day deals you. You are strong!!! You will beat the beast!!! Love ya...Crock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mare Dog,
    Your attitude is awesome!!! The fact that you are thinking of those who are less fortunate just shows the kind of person you are and why you are so loved. And your family....God Bless them.....I would want them in my corner. Stay strong and Fight Like A Girl!!!!
    Love ya,
    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the reality hits that "Yes, I really do have cancer" it sucks. However, I have no doubt that you are going to fight the beast and win. Just remember we are right there with you praying and cheering you on all the way. Sendings lots of love, hugs, kisses, and prayers to you, Dan, Malia, Maggie and Little Bo. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You GO Girl? Enjoy your week. Give these next 12 wks a BIG upper cut. We love you. Love and Prayers Chris, Erin, Andrew and McKynsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vance Norma and HunterOctober 7, 2009 at 7:47 PM

    We are praying for you out in Roanoke! Take it one day at a time and keep up the fight. You have so much to fight for and so much love to give. Know that we are thinking of you and cheering you on...Love, Vance, Norma & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    It's an impressive tribute to your wonderful faith and personality that you are still thinking of others while in the midst of your fight. You're in our prayers.
    Sheryl & Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay tough! You are amazing! We are praying for you and your family!
    Amy/Bryan Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,
    Sorry you had such a crappy week this go around. Glad you're feeling better and yeah for a break from chemo! Good luck with the next set of treatments. You are blessed to have such a great husband and family to help you and surround you through this. Many prayers your way....
    My best,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete