Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not So Healthy...

OK, so within hours of posting the message earlier this week, I was up at 3AM vomiting once again. Still getting that nasty stuff out of my system. Dan was not quick to offer help (even though he did) because he was fighting a fever and the craps. Neither Dan nor I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. The kids and I stayed with Mother on Tuesday night in an attempt to stay away from Daddy while he was sick. Today I was leaving with Maggie and Bo when Malia broke down in tears because her throat hurt so bad she could not swallow her breakfast. Sashy was kind enough to take Malia to the doctor today and Malia was confirmed with strep throat. She got a shot in the buttocks and should only be contagious for 24 hrs. BIG SIGH!!!! And it's only October! YIKES!!! Hope we all get it out of our systems!

I did have a couple tests this week. Mother took me to my ECHO on Tuesday and MAMMO on Wednesday. I heard some preliminary results of both, but will wait to post the official results after I talk to Dr. AJ on Monday. 12 weeks of Taxol start on Monday...yeah, cannot wait...hey do you detect the sarcasm in my "voice"????

Continuing to pray the chemo keeps working!!

7 comments:

  1. When it rains, it really pours! Mary: you have had quite a week! I am certainly hoping that you are starting to feel a little better. My prayers also to your little ones and for Dan! It is awful for you to be going through all this, AND having everyone getting ill! You ARE surrounded by your awesome family and friends. It is good to be able to see the posts on this site and be able to keep track of how you are. Keep fighting dear friend!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you!! (all of you)!! Keep your chin up!!! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a big HUG! All of this does not seem such a big deal when you are feeling good, but it will all be magnified for a little while. All I can say, Mary, is when you are walking through hell for damn sure keep on walking! Don't even hesitate for a minute. With everyone's help, you, Dan and the kids will get through it by putting one foot in front of the other even when it is really hard. I know everyone wishes there were some way we could take away the cancer and make it all better for you NOW! We all love you so much and what you are going through breaks our hearts and I will join your blubbering aunts from the other side. I have done my share of crying for you also. You are so beautiful and have so much to fight for so put on your "big girl panties" and get back in the ring. We are all cheering you on. I need to talk to Dick again, I think he is confused as to what my prayer was. He was always confused when he was on earth also!! He always blamed me for his diet failing him! Wanting to know what I was eating cause he wasn't loosing weight!! Ha! XXXXOOOOXXXX Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is right, Mary: when it rains it pours. I know your faith, strength, and also of the loving family and friends around you will bring you through whatever is thrown at you. Want you to know that you and your family are included in my prayers for my own family every morning, evening, and many times in between. I'm nearby if I can be of any help to you during all of this. I know the girls will stay with Gramma Susie and even little Bo let me hold him for a while while he was at Aunt Krisy's. Continue to be strong and know that your always in everyones thoughts and prayers. Gramma Susie and Papa Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things are a little better today and you will be able to watch the Dawgs play tonight. I was at school Tues. to make a delivery and was told of Dan's illness. Linda P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,
    Greetings from Iowa~ I just received my t-shirt and # in the mail for the 5-k. I look forward to running it in YOUR honor~ Oh Mary... I tear up every time I read your updates~ Sending you a big HUG! Prayers your way~
    from the Lillypad....
    Staci ( Strueby) Lilly and family~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,

    Sorry to hear the whole family is under the weather. Hopefully, this will pass quickly! Thanks so much for all the updates on your blog...it's good to be able to check on you without pestering you at work all the time :-)

    We're praying for you and your family--which is an inspiration to all families, by the way!

    Take care,
    Kim Humbard

    ReplyDelete