Monday, October 12, 2009

Round 5 Chemo - KO

YaaaaHoooo!!! Feelin' great! I actually have a note in writing from Dr. AJ..."You will not feel as bas as with AC. AJ 10/12/09" I teased him and asked him if he was willing to put it in writing and he was. When the chemo treatment first got started I was beginning to wonder. My niece, Cyndi, went along with us today...the RN in her was very curious and it was great to have her clinical brain along with us. They were giving me the anti-nausea and benadryl through the IV port and I had not even gotten the chemo drug yet and I kept warning them that I was going to puke. Sure enough, I yelled to Dan to get me to the bathroom and I took off on a sprint to the bathroom. All I could think of was it started at 5 pm last week, no way could it be starting all over at 12 pm this week...yuck!

But, I was in good hands! They gave me an additional med and it literally knocked me out. I fell asleep and woke up at 5:30 tonight. Dan said he called and checked on me this afternoon and I do not remember that conversation. I do remember talking to my Sister on the phone and I think I about fell asleep talking to her. I can barely remember my niece driving me home. The afternoon is pretty much a blurrrrrr. Now that I am awake...I feel great!

Dr. AJ was able to get the results of my tests from last week. The ECHO results of my heart were perfectly normal. The results of the mammography were "acceptable". He said the radiologist was having difficulty reading the results and identifying changes from the initial test. The good news is there is no increase in size and no new cancer spots are identifiable. More good news is the calcifications are less dense...on the first test there is a white cloud about the size of a golf ball where the calcifications were so dense the entire area looked like a pure white cloud. On this test the area now has speckles of white, so it is less dense than before. They are struggling to tell whether the calcifications are dead cancer cells or not. Dr AJ has a plan and he spoke to my Surgical Oncologists today and they both agree 100%. We are going to do 4 more Taxol treatments and Dr. AJ will continue the breast exams. If he does not notice any change in the cluster after the next 4 treatments, I will have a MRI of the breast and they will make a decision at that time whether or not to continue the Taxol treatments. They may opt to do the surgery, then more chemo, then radiation.

I know I had lots of prayers coming my way today and in preparation for today...THANKS SO MUCH! Those prayers are working.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear there was another KO! Keep your dukes up and continued prayers your way always. Love ya!!! Alena, Kent & girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you and glad you were able to get rest and feel better. Prayers and love continue to come your way. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was happy to hear they finally gave you something that you could get some rest. Hope you continue to feel good. Continuing to send lots of prayers and love your way. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing our Prayers we think of you so often. Big Hugs! Love, Mollee, Mike, Merric and McCain

    ReplyDelete