Thursday, October 15, 2009

Great Week

What a great week! I feel so much better! I was able to enjoy my niece's softball game tonight. It was an awesome win. 0 to 0 going into the last inning and Jefferson scored 2 huge runs in the top of the 7th to seal the deal. My choice for play of the game goes to my niece and her shortstop as the duo worked to precision to gun down a base runner attempting to steal second base. It was fantastic! The Jefferson Eagles will play in the Quarterfinal game on Saturday...looking for a return trip to the State Tournament. I am so glad I am able to be there and make some noise!

Everyone continues to be healthy this week and I seem to handle the minor set backs much better when I am feeling good. I am praying that Dr. AJ's commitment is true throughout all the Taxol treatments. Remember? I have in writing from him that the Taxol is to be easier on me than the AC was. And I am praying that the chemo is working. It may be my imagination, but I am thinking my cancer cluster in the breast is finally getting smaller. I am looking forward to Monday to see if Dr. AJ agrees.

6 comments:

  1. Jill heard you as soon as the game started. We are all glad that you were able to be there and cheer the girls on too!
    ♥ you mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I have tears running down my cheeks again!! I have been praying extra hard that the chemo will start shrinking the beast, I am so happy!!! I am so PROUD of you, you are amazing and I know you aren't feeling your best but that isn't going to keep you from showing off all your energy and that beautiful sparkle in your eyes! Thanks for cheering hard for Jill and all the Jefferson Eagle girls, we listened to it on the radio and it sounded like a great game. Can't wait to see you in the morning and I'm sure we will all be ready for the football game and another Bulldog win! Dan, Thanks so much for taking care of my Sister and the kids, you are amazing too! Fr. Emil Kapaun PLEASE KO the Beast and heal my baby sis COMPLETELY, AMEN! I Love you to the Moon and Back! Your favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better this week! That's great you were able to enjoy Jill's game, I know she loved having you there :) Keep getting your rest and letting that chemo work. We love you and hope you have a great weekend!! Love, Kellie, Dave, Maddie, Aidan, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary I appreciate your updates and continue to pray that good news comes your way. Hugs and Kisses from Chicago. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately, I've been getting my updates from my mom on my way back and forth to work. I've been praying super hard and sending all my good thoughts your way. I've been trying hard to help little ones who are fighting right now. Our ICU has been pretty busy and I've told one of my families about your battle as the little boy's mom wears her "Fight Like A Girl" shirt every once in awhile.

    I hope you continue to take good care of yourself and get enough rest. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

    Love you,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I'm happy that you have had a good week. Cheer on those Jefferson girls and Stanberry Bulldogs but don't forget to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. You need energy to fight that "beast" and rest will get you that energy. I hope you get good news tomorrow. Think about all of you often and continues to send lots of love and prayers your way. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete