Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Round 12 Chemo - KO

4 left...4 left...4 left! I am so excited it is finally December...the month of my last chemo treatment. Amy's comment was right on target...the mental anguish, preparation, and exhaustion is much worse than the physical impact at this point. Several people are finally admitting to me that I look exhausted. I still think some of it (OK, most of it) is due to the loss of the majority of my eyebrows and eyelashes, but I truly am more and more tired. I am praying for a burst of energy heading into these final 4 rounds.

I can feel the shrinkage in the cluster again this week. It seems like it shrinks after 2-3 treatments of Taxol, so hopefully it has some more shrinking to do before surgery. Surgery is inevitable...the decision will be lumpectomy vs. mastectomy. All along I have prepared myself for a mastectomy and I think I am completely comfortable with that. I have prayed that my physicians use their expertise to make the very best decisions in my best interest and that I have the strength and courage to accept whatever happens.

Thanks to all my prayer warriors as we finish this fight in style!

6 comments:

  1. YEA, You are about there Sis! You continue to AMAZE me, you are handleing this Chemo CRAP like a champ and the BEAST is getting weaker, Keep your dukes up and KO that darn Beast. Keep your chin up and know that us Pray Warriors will be PRAYING real hard for you and all your Drs. to make the best choose for you! The light is getting brighter:) Fr. Emil Kapaun, Please KO the Beast and HEAL my Baby Sis COMPLETELY, AMEN! Dear GOD Please help my Baby Sis get through the next 4 treatments, Surgery and Radiation and give her that burst of energy so she can enjoy the Holidays with all of us, especially her husband and kids, AMEN. I Love you to the Moon and Back, Your Favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it... you're almost there!! Keep on fighting and getting your rest. We love you and will keep praying during this season of joy. Kellie, Dave, Maddie, Aidan, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary way to go stay strong we will keep you in our prayers
    The Heitman's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and Hug your way Mary!
    Staci Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, You have been incredibly strong and I can just feel your fight and determination in your words; our prayers are if you are feeling more tired that you will feel God's strength even more. In our weakness, He makes us strong. I pray you will have a Blessed Christmas with your family and I, too pray for the doctors that they make every right decision for you. God Bless you beyond measure.

    Our love,
    Teresa & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mary,
    I am so happy that you are nearly done with this stuff. Please take care of yourself and stay strong, you can do it! I have been praying for you daily and sorry I have not posted as I have been in Iowa alot the last month as my Mom has been sick but I have been thinking about you. This is a major milestone that is nearly over and you will think the surgery, no matter what you choose, will seem like a piece of cake compared to chemo!! If you need anything, please let me know. Hang in there!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete