Monday, December 7, 2009

The Countdown!!!

YES! YES! YES! 3 cheers for ONLY 3 chemo treatments left! Round 13 is a KO. I did take my "sleeping pill" this morning because I could not get settled down before my treatment. I was grouchy, grumpy, high-strung, and simply could not relax. Once the nurse started the Zofran, she looked and me and said, "Your eyes are doing THAT THING again, aren't they?!?" I agreed with her and told her I was going to close my eyes and rest during the Zofran. Next thing I knew, a couple hours had passed and the nurse was shaking me to wake me. I think I did some sleep walking to the car and straight to bed once we were home. I slept all afternoon and feel really good tonight!

I did have to agree with Dr. AJ today...he said, "I told you that Taxol would be much easier for you to handle." And it definitely has made a big difference.

It is very tough for me to express how much I appreciate the prayers and support! THANK YOU SO MUCH for choosing my corner and actively supporting my Fight!

7 comments:

  1. I'm cheering you on!! So glad to know you are nearing the final round.
    Jane W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have EVER right to be Grumpy, Grouchy and whatever else you want to be! You are NEVER ready to go let them run poison through your veins and know that it is going to make you feel absolutely crappy! You are doing an absolutely AMAZING job, even if you don't really think so! Hang in there and know that us prayer warriors are here Cheering you on through each round and PRAYING for the much needed KO! Fr. Emil Kapaun Please KO out the Beast and Heal my Baby Sis COMPLETELY, AMEN! I Love you to the Moon and Back! Your Favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, we are going to support you, Dan, and those little ones all the way to the KO. You're doing a great job fighting and as Theresa says you have ever right to be Grumpy, or whatever else you feel like. Keep fighting and I'll continue to send lots of prayers, love and support your way. Love you lots. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY!! HOORAY!! HOORAY!! Only 3 treatments left, that's AMAZING!!! (that also means I need to get my butt in gear to finish my Christmas shopping!!!) You have every right to be moody, considering everything you have been through. I hope it's getting easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel, as it shines brighter and brighter. Dawn is rising as you keep walking. Take care of yourself this week, so you can go cheer on those BEARCATS in ALABAMA!!! Dad says your crazy for wanting to go(crazy 'like her sister', I believe were his words haha), but I say go have fun and enjoy every minute of it! I hope you guys do decide to go because I'm very excited to come and spend some QT with the kiddos and granny. Fr. Emil Kapaun, Please heal Mary COMPLETELY from this evil beast, give her strength, courage, and endurance to keep fighting. Amen!

    Love ya!
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am glad you are getting near the end of treatment and are holding your head high. Please know that thoughts and prayers are always coming your way. Love you bunches. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of you often ... wishing you well! Keep fighting kiddo! You have tackled this challenge with strength, humor and courage ... I'm proud to be in your corner! Love you much! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want to let you know that your prayer warriors in NC are still here for you! Last night at Mass you were my prayer! Three more is nothing when you look back at what you have already done!! You are so strong!! Prayer and God's infinite love will pull you through the last three. Fr. Emil Kapaun please heal Mary completely! Amen. XXXOOOXXX Love and hugs!! Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete