Thursday, September 24, 2009

Genetic Testing Results

I received word today that the results of my Genetic Test are NEGATIVE! YEAH!!! I am getting ready to celebrate with some wine...OK, Strawberry Hill...remembering the good ol' days. My worries are now gone...worries about my Mother, Siblings, Nieces, Nephews, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and most of all My Children. So glad! So happy! Time to celebrate a victory!

I am also preparing for another Friday Night Bulldog Football game. The boys did not win last week and have another fierce competitor this week. Not sure how well you know me, but I want you to know that even though I do refer to Wins and Losses...a Win in my book is not simply outscoring the opponent. Winners hold their head high, give 110%, and fight to the finish! That is what I look for in every competitor! I will be looking for that kind of victory tomorrow night!

Victory is My Only Option...I will hold my head high, give 110%, and fight to the finish!

9 comments:

  1. WAHOO!! What great news!!
    You know you described yourself perfectly when you talked about winners. That is the Mary I have known for many, many years. Keep up the good fight as we are keeping up the prayers. Love ya bunches!---Laura & The Galbraith Gang (Enjoy the "wine"!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mary. Another victory in your corner. Thanks be to God. We're continuing to ask Fr. Emil Kaupin to continue his intercessions for you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and see those Bulldogs pull off a great victory... Love ya, Papa Jerry and Gramma Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard "your" song on the way to work this am and then read your great news. Continuing to pray for continued strength for you to hold your head high!!! Love and prayers. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Mary....I agree 110%. Our Bulldogs are that kind of a team. Know that we are fighting and praying for you and your team.
    God answers prayers, be faithful, keep looking up, keep praying without ceasing. May God Bless you today. I am praying for WINS on and off the field.
    The Bracken Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for the good news!! Enjoy the "wine"!! While I hope both teams play well tonite, I can't hope for a Bulldog win. Dad is the assistant coach for Nodaway Holt now, so I'll hope for a well played game by both teams w/a Trojan win!! Keep fighting the fight and KILL the BEAST!!

    Tiffany Carroll Kirkland

    ReplyDelete
  6. KO number 1. So happy you received positive news about the genetic testing,i.e. that it was negative. Now all your energy can be put towards fighting the BEAST! Hope the Bulldogs can give you another victory tonight. I continue to think about you, Dan, Malia, Maggie, and Bo often and am sending lots of love and prayers. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so incredibly happy for you! The testing coming back negative is just one more step toward the outcome we are all praying for. CANCER FREE!! We had a great time. Hope to see you again soon. Stay motivated and fight this fight with all the vigor you have!

    Thinking of you - as always.

    The Jacobson's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    YEAH! Great news about the genetic testing. What a relief and good cause for celebration. Interestingly enough, when I got my good news, I celebrated as you did but I think we splurged for White Zin!! But Strawberry Hill is very appropriate too. If I remember right, won't Monday be a milestone treatment for you and another reason to celebrate? Praying that it will not knock you like the last one. Stay strong.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! That is great news!!! Prayers continue to come your way from Kansas. Lots of hugs - Toni

    ReplyDelete