Thursday, September 17, 2009

Round 3 Chemo - KO...FINALLY!!!

Whew!!! I took some major punches and maybe even a knock-down or two; but with the support of family and friends, I think I finally landed a KO this round. I had a rough day yesterday and could not keep anything down. I felt miserable and my skin hurt...it was a strange sensation. A long-time friend of the family lives just a few minutes from my work and she graciously opened her home to me so that I could crash yesterday afternoon. I did not even put up a fight when my sister and brother wanted to come to St. Joe and drive me home. Several in the family helped with our kids and cleaned our house. So, I did not have any worries! I was able to rest! Today continued to get better and better and I feel so much better now.

I am ready for the family and friend filled weekend...Friday Night Football (cheering for another W), Saturday Bearcat Tailgate and Football, Saturday Night Nodaway County Relay for Life (I will proudly be wearing purple in the Survivor Lap), and Sunday Golf Outing! I am welling with tears as we prepare for Sunday. I am very overwhelmed with the outpouring of generosity! I have such a feeling of guilt; but I am SOOOOO EXCITED to see family and friends.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!! I AM PROUD TO BE THE ONE IN THE RING FIGHTING THIS FIGHT! VICTORY IS THE ONLY OPTION!

9 comments:

  1. Mary,

    You are so strong! We will be coming back this weekend to play/fight for you!! Can't wait to see you and the family!

    Love,

    Crystal Kevin Hailey and Caitlyn Archer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear the pep in your writing! You are an amazing person who deserves all the love and support you are getting. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Love and prayers. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Mary prayers are answered. Have a great full weekend. Go Mighty Bulldogs...Love the pink ribbons!!!
    Denise Bracken & fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary you are amazing! It's good to hear your spunk is back! Mike and I are looking forward to spending time with the "Missouri" bunch this weekend. Lots of love and prayers! Love, Mollee, Mike, Merric and Mccain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary-
    Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you have quite a weekend scheduled. I'm SOOOO sad that I can't be there with you. Sucks to live so far away (and have a crazy schedule). I hope my mom can help take good care of you... she did a great job taking care of me last week :)

    Thinking of you always and wishing I was there!
    Love you lots,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST WANT TO SAY U ARE SUCH A FIGHTER YOU ARE SO LOVED U HAVE THE POWER OF THE LORD WITH U.U ARE SUCH A INSPIRATION TO ME GOD BLESS U AND R FAMILY DOUG BRENDA TONYA FISH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, when I saw you today, for the first time since I heard about your diagnosis, I should have said what I was thinking. You are beautiful, I am so sorry this is happening to you but I know you will beat this. Instead of something ignorant about getting a tan on your head. Forgive me.

    Linda Walter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having a great day today!! Wish I could have been there.
    Love, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love, love, love you. You are fighting a great fight and we are proud to be part of it. Today was awesome, you are the best. Lots of love, Kellie, Dave, Maddie, Aidan, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete