Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weepy Wednesday, Better Today

I feel better than I did after Round 1 and my feet do not hurt at all this time, but my emotions are nearly out of control. I tried to tell my friends and co-workers to simply ignore me yesterday at work. It was simply Weepy Wednesday! I am thinking it is the timely combination of the book and my hair actually starting to fall out Wednesday morning. The bottom of the shower was sprinkled with black hair and I could feel the hair fall on my shoulders as I styled it yesterday. Exactly what I was hoping for...UNTIL it became real. Every day is just more and more real and every day I am ready to fight and fight harder! The hair continues to thin today and Dan was excited to get the "buzzer" and take care of it, but I am hoping to get a few more days out of it...hopefully the hair will make it through the crazy, jam-packed, event-filled weekend!

The shirts are awesome and you can e-mail me at dcollins@grm.net to place an order. They are selling YS (2-4) to 3X sizes. The pink and black are available in all sizes. The granite grey is in adult sizes only. The ash grey is in youth sizes only. The shirts are $12 each and $14 for 2X and 3X. They are hoping to place an order immediately after Labor Day.

Wishing everyone a Safe Holiday Weekend! Hope to see some of you at the Jefferson Reunion!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you don't want to hear this but you are going to have alot more weepy days ahead! No matter how tough we are, the reality of this will set in on random days, whether it is getting tired of chemo, starting radiation, surgery, or wondering what color and texture your hair will be when it does come back. You have so much more to tackle and you will have those weepy days, then there will be a light at the end and we will all be rejoicing! We are all here for you in those dark days, PRAYING like crazy that you will get through them and I know you will! Keep your chin up and know that you are LOVED unconditionally. I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK! Fr. Emil Kapaun please KO the Beast and Heal Mary COMPLETELY, AMEN!XOXOXOXOXOXO Your Favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, Theresa couldn't have said it any better. The tears will flow when least expecting them. Remember to rely on your family and friends at those dark times. As Theresa said there will be light at the end and we will all be rejoicing. Remembering you, Dan, and those three little ones in my prayers every day and sometimes several times during the day. Love you lots, Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you often... STAY STRONG MARY YOU CAN DO THIS!! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was without internet for a week so felt like I was so far behind. Your girl power pictures are precious and I hope you were able to enjoy the football game last night.

    I agree with Mom and Theresa those weepy days will sneak up on you BUT it means that you are pissed at what is going on and ready to fight! And it's ok for the kids to see you not feeling well... speaking from the kids' point of view, they just want to help their mommy feel better.

    Love you lots and praying for you and the rest of the gang! Wish I was closer.

    Love, Doc

    ReplyDelete