Thursday, November 26, 2009

TOO Much to be Thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you! Hope you are able to enjoy the holiday with family and friends. Even though this day has always provided a solid reminder to me to be thankful, this year is more special than ever. Thanks to ALL OF YOU for your continued support and prayers!

Round 11 was a huge success. Dr. AJ shared with me that my levels were at bare minimums and he offered to take a week off from chemo due to the holiday. But, I really did not even consider it. I am so thankful that we have been able to keep on schedule this long and I continue to do the best I can to rest and take care of myself in preparation for my chemo Mondays.

Please take some time to truly reflect on this wonderful opportunity we have been given...LIFE! Share your blessings with those around you! Hugs & Kisses! Happy Turkey Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have an interesting story to tell in reference to the Fight Like a Girl t-shirts. Last Sunday, my wife, Janara and I were at the KC Chief-Pittsburgh Steeler game. We were sitting in the VIP Tailgate tent (tickets were given to us!). The KC Chief Mascot, KC Wolf came into the tent and just had to have his picture taken with me! (OK, maybe it was the other way around.) Janara was sporting her Fight Like a Girl t-shirt and she took a picture of me and KC. After the picture, KC walked up to Janara and asked if she was from Stanberry. She said no, and then he asked if she was from Conception, she said no and told him we lived in Maryville and he said, "I saw the t-shirt." So the t-shirt have gained some serious recognition. We thought the story was kinda cool and wanted to share it with everyone. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

    Shane Janara Halley and Chase Sims

    ReplyDelete