Monday, November 16, 2009

Round 10 Chemo - KO

YAHOO!!!! Half-way done with Taxol!!! I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!! Only 6 Taxol treatments left and I am still throwing punches! I was able to take a long nap this afternoon and I feel great tonight...first time I have actually cooked supper on chemo night. The Taxol treatments have been much easier to battle than the first 4 AC treatments. And it still seems to be working and doing it's job.

My sister sent cinnamon rolls with me to chemo today for me to share. One of my chemo buddies said he was scared to eat one in fear that he would get punched with my pink boxing gloves. I tried to convince him he was safe, but he just laughed and shook his head.

I talked to the nurse navigator in Omaha last week and we scheduled an appointment for January 5th for a consult prior to surgery. She indicated that surgery is typically within 2-3 weeks of the consult. The decision for lumpectomy vs. mastectomy will probably be made at the consult appointment. I am already starting my list of questions for the surgeon.

Thanks so much for the prayers! I sit here with tears streaming down my face. I sense victory and it simply feels so good. I am so grateful for the continuous support and prayers.

8 comments:

  1. Mary, so glad to hear your report today. How wonderful!! :) But keep up the fight. I pray for strength for you each and every day. I know you can do this...you have a spectacular support team. XOXOXOXOXO Love & prayers from Kansas, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE you will win that is the ONLY option you have! You are doing an AMAZING job! I just can't believe all the energy you have, I am jealous cause I need some of your energy:) I am so excited that you are 1/2 done! Hang in there and know we are here if you need ANYTHING. Fr. Emil Kapaun PLEASE KO the beast and heal my baby sis COMPLETELY, AMEN! I Love you to the Moon and Back! Your favorite Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep throwing those punches!!! You are jabbing right and left. We are so proud of your courage and determination. We love you and continue non-stop prayers for you, Dan, & kids too! Keep your chin up and love for all your worth. Can I borrow Theresa to bake for me? You are so lucky to have family! Fr Emil Kapaun cure Mary completely and grant her the strength to slay this beast. Amen. XXXOOOXXX Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great news!!! You are one of the strongest fighters I have ever met. It makes me so happy to hear that things are gradually improving and that you are feeling so much better. I know that you will continue to battle and keep landing those punches. Stay strong and remember not to overdo it! We are praying for you and all of your family and friends to continue to have the strength to fight and win this battle. All our love....Tom, Vicki, Lucas and Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    Something I always turn to to encourage my faith is what I call Heaven's 911
    (Psalm 91:-11), The promise of the Lord to those who dwell in His presence : SURELY (not maybe!) He will protect you, and He will give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. And best of all, in verse 16: "With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation."
    He is after all, our Comforter and our Healer.
    He has great plans for you!
    love you Mary, keep up that fight and we will all keep standing in prayer with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, Dan, Malia, Maggie, and BO. Just want to say hello and how happy I am that you, Mary, are feeling better. Keep up the fight. I have no doubt you are going to win the "fight." Continuing to send lots of prayers and love your way. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling stronger as it is time to gear up for the holiday season!! I know it will be a fun and exciting time for all of your family. Continue to take care of yourself and know that God continues to hold you in the palm of His hands. Love you bunches. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,
    It is always so good to see you and your beautiful smile out and about. I know it's got to be so tough for you yet you make it look so easy. Is there any chance the cancer will shrink enough that you won't have to have surgery??? It would be nice if that was more than wishful thinking!!

    God Bless!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete