Monday, November 9, 2009

Round 9 Chemo - KO

More good news today...almost half way done with Taxol, my levels were the best they have been in weeks, I am healthy, and I feel great! We did discuss surgery a little today and Dr. AJ informed me it will be Dr. Silva's (Surgical Oncologist in Omaha) final call, but the surgeons typically wait 2 weeks after the final taxol treatment to allow the body and system to recover and rebuild all the necessary levels prior to surgery.

I am starting to freak out about my eyebrows, my eyelashes, and my complexion. I am really feeling like a cancer victim. Thank goodness I had the thick, bushy eyebrows and eyelashes to begin with because they are getting very thin and I am missing sections of each. Last week I started wearing some cover and blush to give my face some life. Wish I knew what I was doing...I have probably only worn make-up a handful of times in my entire life!

People continue to remind me of prayers and support for my family and me! Again...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear all went well yesterday. I'm glad you are feeling better!! You are beautiful just the way you are, and the cancer and chemo can't touch the most beautiful part of you. Many prayers and much love to you, Kellie, Dave, Maddie, Aidan, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Cancer Cannot Take From You
    It cannot take away your Faith,
    shatter your Hope
    or lessen your Love.
    It cannot destroy true Friendship,
    invade the Soul
    or take away Eternal Life.
    It cannot conquer your Spirit.

    In our prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - I watch this video from time to time. Jimmy V gave us this speech to keep that spirit in all of us going... Love you girl... Kim

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise, Praise the Lord Mary. Continuing to pray without ceasing. God Bless you and your family. Remember victory is your only option, as so for our Bulldogs...Keep looking up!
    The Bracken's

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you received good news yesterday. You're going to win this fight. Sending lots of love and prayers to you, Dan, Malia, Maggie and little BO. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you're an inspiration! I'm so happy that you're getting good news and feeling better. Karen and Mom Eff have been keeping me up to date, but I've come to love your blog. I'm pretty hooked AND my co-workers think that I'm crazy because these last few days I've been listening to "Fight Like a Girl," just to remind myself that sometimes it's necessary to kick A** and take names. So you keep doing that in NW Missouri AND I'll do some of that here in DC while I mess with my co-workers by defying stereotypes with your country song on repeat in my office!! LMFAO!!!! I love you and thanks for being such an inspiration. I'm keeping you, Dan and the kids in my prayers! hugs-Hazeen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, If you'd like I can send Amie or Abbie over to give you a few make-up lessons. They're really good at it!! ;) I love watching you kick @$$ and take names... you're freaking great at it. The prayers continue!! Fr. Emil Kapaun, Please heal my Aunt Mary from the beast COMPLETELY!! Amen! Love you, Mar!!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary You are a true champ. You are beautiful just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you worry about your eyebrows or anything else about your looks. You will always be beautiful to those who love you. Just keep getting better, Mick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, you are one of the most beautiful women I know...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete