Saturday, November 14, 2009

Heartbroken, but PROUD

Oh...so close! It was well into the 4th quarter before Mound City could have been comfortable with the thought of winning the semifinal game. The Bulldogs fought hard and played to the very end! But, they played a talented, disciplined football team and came up short...32-7. I am SO PROUD to be a Stanberry Bulldog Football Fan! The guys had an awesome season and have so much to be proud of! They were IN IT TO WIN IT! They can proudly hold their head high. The tradition lives on.

I am so fortunate to be feeling so good. Last night at the game was one of the best nights I have had since chemo started on August 17th. Other than the menopausal hot flashes that caused me to shed my coat and hat, I felt great. OK...it may have been in combination with my frantic cheers for the Bulldogs. But, I have been without head gear/cover for a couple weeks due to the hot flashes. Some people have not recognized me and many make comments about me being bald with Dan. I'm sure I make some uncomfortable, but do not intend to do so. I shopped at the mall this week without anything on my head and a little girl yelled at her Mommy, "Hey, that lady does not have hair!" Her Mommy calmly reassured her it was OK, and some people do not have hair. The little girl immediately began combing her fingers through her own long, golden locks and with the most priceless look on her face, said, "NO HAIR?!?!?" It was too cute!

5 comments:

  1. I was so happy that I was able to listen to the game on the Internet. The Bulldogs did play a great game and the announcers commented on how disciplined they were. Mary, I'm so happy you feel comfortable without wearing something on your head. There is nothing worse than feeling as though you are burning up. Just keep up the fight. Sending prayers and lots of love your way. Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a wonderful season the Bulldogs had! Dan you did an awesome job again this year with them, thanks for the fun games, most nights we were home early because they did such a good job, they have nothing to be ashamed of! Mary, I will be praying like heck tomorrow as you go for round 6 of the Taxol, you are half way there and you are doing an amazing job. I am so proud of you, you are handling this so well, Keep up your dukes and hand the beast a much needed KO!! Fr. Emil Kapaun Please KO the beast and heal my baby sis COMPLETELY, AMEN!! I Love you to the Moon and Back!!XOXOXOXO Your favorite sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to listen to the game on the Internet. It was fun to hear the announcer keep mentioning his chats with Coach Collins. Mary, you go girl. Maybe a few snowflakes on your head will cool you off! Sounds like it will be a nice day Saturday to cheer for the Bearcats. Good Luck on the home stretch. My prayers are coming your way. Love you bunches. diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair or no hair - you are still the wonderful person we all know and love! Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for. Our gracious God is looking down upon you any your wonderful family, and giving you strength. Keep up the good work. We continue to pray for you each and every day. XOXOXOXO Lots of love and prayers, Alice

    ReplyDelete