Monday, March 8, 2010

Mary Loves March Madness

The Jefferson Eagles won District Championship games on Friday night. My niece plays on the girls' team and 2 nephews play on the boys' team! I loved it! I am so proud of them! Both teams play tomorrow night in the first round of state playoffs. The Stanberry Bulldog Girls (Dan coaches football at Stanberry) won their District tournament as well! Way to Go, Dawgs! If the Jefferson girls and Stanberry girls win their respective games tomorrow night, they will play each other on Saturday and the winner will advance to the Final Four. This is such an exciting time!

Our 1989 3rd Place State Basketball team will be honored during the state tournament this year in Columbia, celebrating the 20th anniversary of our trip to state. Last year we celebrated the 20th anniversary of our State Championship and it was a great weekend! I cannot wait to enjoy the company of high school teammates again this year!

I am still doing radiation every day...my skin is starting to get a tint to it and I am half-way through. So, I hope I can manage to avoid the burns! I did have a CT of the abdomen on Thursday and have the results that I will be discussing with Dr. AJ tomorrow. The weeks fly by so fast! This will all be over soon! And with March Madness going on, I do not have time to slow down and rest!!! Gotta Love It!

No comments:

Post a Comment