Saturday, March 13, 2010

20 Treatments done

WOW! How time flies...Dan said something to me this week about finishing up week 2 of radiation treatments. I just stared at him and finally said, "How about you try WEEK 4?!?" He was in shock and could not believe that we were in week 4 already. So, 20 treatments done...8 more regular treatments to go, plus a few "boost" treatments!

I did get to see Dr. AJ this week! He is very pleased with everything...my hair, my health, my weight...response to radiation...cat scan results...everything! Of course, my cat scan results could not have just simply been the same as the scan I had back in July. As we laid in bed the night I received the results, Dan squeezed me and said, "You just cannot keep anything simple, can you?" Dr. Johnson had indicated he was not concerned when he shared the results with me, but there is something about that second opinion, especially coming from AJ that I truly needed. The scan shows I have a 2 inch cyst on my ovary, but AJ is not the least bit concerned. He indicated it is probably connected to my menstrual cycle. Sorry, this may be TMI...I did start a period on February 12th...2 days before starting the Tamoxifen. Tamoxifen is the hormone suppressor that is supposed to keep my body from having periods. I take it every day for at least 5 years.

The radiation treatments are going great! My skin did start to peel this week for the first time, but I think that was because I failed to apply my lotion at bedtime a couple nights in a row. There is definitely a pinkish color to my left breast and chest area. Other than that, nothing. I am not tired and I am not nauseated. It simply takes about 30 minutes - 1 hour of my time every Monday through Friday. No problem. Walk in the park!

We will be cheering loud tonight at the Quarterfinal basketball games in St. Joseph. The Jefferson Lady Eagles play the Stanberry Lady Bulldogs and the winner advances to the MO Final Four tournament next weekend. The Jefferson Eagle Boys also play tonight. We will have a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment