Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Breath of Fresh Air

AHHHHH!!! It was so refreshing to play outside after dinner tonight. We are finally experiencing some gorgeous weather and the mud puddles are nearly gone. No complaints from me about the sunshine!!

Can you believe it?!? 31 treatments done and 3 more to go...yes...3 more left, that's it! Friends at work commented this week how fast the time has gone. I guess it has, but I will be relieved to not have a daily commitment looming on my calendar. I really have been going to the Radiation Cancer Center for 7 weeks. More often than not, I think timing is so important. The timing of the completion of my radiation treatments could not be more timely for me. After Friday, I will truly consider myself a SURVIVOR, fighting for LIFE. What better timing than Easter weekend when we celebrate LIFE?!? This will be an extra special Easter Jubilation for me!!!

We have been in the mode of celebrating lately. My niece's basketball team, the Jefferson Lady Eagles, placed 2ND in the State Basketball Tournament. Our 1990 3rd place team was able to sit court side during the championship game and it was very special to cheer for our very own team. I am so proud!

The ride home was not so much fun and definitely nothing to celebrate. It was the scariest ride I have ever experienced. The snow storm and winter weather advisory was awful and we drove right through it. The trip home from Columbia is normally 3 hours and it took us 5 1/2 hours. I rode with a blanket over my head and Mother and I prayed the Rosary for most of the trip on I-70. We made it all the way to our driveway and then had to stay all night with Mother because our driveway was drifted shut. Dan was not thrilled that he drove the entire way in the storm "to sleep at my Mother's house". We were planning on sleeping in our own beds, but were grateful that Mother let us stay with her.

On Saturday, we attended the Benefit Volleyball Tournament and it was too much fun. Thanks to my Corporate Challenge teammates for coordinating and sponsoring the event. Thanks to all the participants and donors. It was a successful day. Friends from Maryville won the tournament. If I was organized, I would post a picture. Sorry.

We were in Seneca, KS on Saturday night to celebrate 60th Birthdays for my Uncle and Cousin. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Even my girls asked why we do not see those cousins very often...shame on us. It was great!

Life is Good! The Countdown in on! Celebration of LIFE this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Mary on almost being done!! Doesn't it feel great?!?!!! Hope you are faring well in radiation treatments and you aren't having too many side effects!! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete