Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dr. is Impressed

I saw Dr. AJ on Monday. I think I wrote that Dr. Silva was thrilled with the results of chemo and surgery. WELL, Dr. AJ is ECSTATIC! He is elated with the results of the chemo and the shrinkage of the invasive cancer and excited that Dr. Silva was able to perform a lumpectomy! The man was nearly doing cartwheels. Then he asked to see my incisions. The look on his face was priceless. Prior to surgery we saw Dr. AJ nearly every week and we had several conversations with him regarding mastectomy vs. lumpectomy. He was upfront and honest with us in preparing us for a mastectomy due to the size of the cluster. One look at my incision and he could not believe his eyes. He stammered and stuttered and finally said, "That Man (Dr. Silva) is a genius! I cannot believe he salvaged your nipple too!" He immediately picked up the pathology report and re-read the surgery outcomes. Dr. AJ is thoroughly impressed with the expertise and surgical lumpectomy that Dr. Silva performed!

The bummer of the situation is I still have the damn JP drain. I was not able to get rid of it yesterday due to output volume and they rescheduled my appointment for Thursday morning. I have an appointment at 8AM in Omaha and Malia has her first dental/orthodontic prep procedure at 12:20PM in Maryville. I am sure that is exactly what Dan had envisioned for his 43rd birthday...toting his girls to doctors. Simply praying that all goes well and the healing continues!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mary,
    YEAH!! Great news all around!! Keep up the good work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love you...great news! small victories win the battle!!!!!! hedwig and kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the doc is impressed ... that is great news!

    ReplyDelete