Monday, September 27, 2010

New Boob Coming Soon!

November 3rd cannot get here fast enough. The mastectomy and immediate reconstruction is scheduled for Wednesday, November 3rd at St. Luke's South in Overland Park. I will have a single mastectomy of the left breast. I will be in the hospital for 1-2 nights, then several weeks off work to recover and heal.

The plastic surgeon is focused on gaining symmetry with the right breast...still not sure how he will build a saggy boob, but guess we will find out soon. I will be glad to have a cancer free boob and I am thinking I need to lose some weight so I will look good with a new boob.

We talked back in July that there is not a good time for this. Dan's football regular season will be over, but the Bulldogs should be in the State Playoffs and will have a game on Saturday, the 6th. I am hoping my sister (Oh HELL, I KNOW my sister) will get the kids and me to the game on the 6th. I will be basically useless, but know she will take great care of my family and me. I love her to the moon and back!

9 comments:

  1. You know me all too well! Of Course I will get you to the game on the 6th, even if I had to break you out of the hospital. I am so jealous that you will have nice perky boobs and mine will be all soggy and saggy:) Fr. Emil Kapaun PLEASE let this all be over soon for my baby sis and let her heal nice and quick! I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK MORE!! Gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say what? Saggy boobs at our age? After children? Surely not! No matter what kind you have a good $40 bra from Victoria's Secret gets them back up again. Good luck with everything. I'll be thinking of you.
    PS Last time I saw you, you looked great. I doubt weight loss is needed.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the date is set get it done and move on!!! You truly amaze me each time a see you with your positive attitude and always looking great!!! You should be a inspirational speaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs” with over 1000 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
    If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
    Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.
    And like bloggers everywhere, I love receiving your comments and ideas.

    Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've marked my calendar for the 3rd, if you don't mind we'll stop by that evening, would absolutely love to see you! If anyone needs a place to stay or rest, our house is open, we're only 5-10 min from St Lukes! Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs! -Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, we will be praying extra hard for you this week. I know Theresa will take great care of you and your family, aren't sisters wonderful! Best of luck. XOXOXOXOXO
    Lots of love & prayers,
    Alice & Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    Our hearts and prayers are going to be with you tomorrow. Lots of warm fuzzies as you step back in that ring for the next round. Put up your gloves and keep up the good fight. Love and hugs. Aunt jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers are being sent your way. You are such an amazing person..your inspiration, your attitude and that amazing smile each and every time I see you. Keep those pink gloves punching!! Love you, Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you today Mary and hoping surgery went well. Make sure you let others take care of you during this time when you need LOTS of rest and healing.

    ReplyDelete