Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Results are Inconclusive

Dr. Silva was not ready to perform a biopsy after reviewing the mammogram results. Instead, he ordered a MRI of the breasts and he is hoping the MRI provides him the information he needs to reach a conclusion. He was disappointed with the mammo results, but determined to identify exactly what the calcifications are before formulating next steps. Several people were upset that we did not come home with answers, but I am comfortable that he is taking every precaution to do what is in my best interest. He was adamant that he wanted to get as much information to me as possible by Friday so that we do not have to go through another weekend of hell.

Thanks to a dear friend at Heartland, I am scheduled for a MRI on Thursday afternoon. I should be able to fax the results to Dr. Silva and hopefully we can discuss them over the phone on Friday before the weekend.

My head is spinning and the situation is overwhelming to say the least. I am continuing to pray for a cure, for the love of family, for the support of friends, and for the guidance from expert doctors. I am in great hands...God's hands!

5 comments:

  1. We are with you all the way! God's hands are holding.

    Be strong,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how disappointing - no - devastating - it had to be to hear that another mass had shown up. And then to expect to find out exactly what's there just to find out that you're still in somewhat of a limbo. But I can't help but believe that it will be okay. You've got everything that's most important on your side - faith, trust, determination, and most importantly, love for and from, God, family and friends. Love conquers all and you're smothered in it!!!

    Stay the course. It's all yours!
    Sandy Wilmes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - You have been in my heart all week... Kylee's too because every day we say our morning prayers with you. God is not done with you and has some pretty important plans for you and YOU know this. I will always ask to be on your team. I love you dearly. Kim and Kylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - you and yours are in my prayers. I'm hoping the MRI results give you better clarity and hope that they are just that - calcifications that are staying that way. But I do know you are a fighter lady and if you have to go through it again, you can do it!

    Tammy Luke

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is that it sucks. I hope this is a false alarm, but also hope you get conclusive answers so you know what direction to head to next. While devastating, if there is a person who can gear up and fight and do more butt kicking, it is you. I'll be thinking of you and praying.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete