Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Month to HEAL

Dr. Cannova knew immediately what I had done and just simply shook his head "NO"! He asked me to schedule a follow-up in a month, hoping to allow DaBoob plenty of time to heal. I only have 1 more fill to go and then another healing period before surgery to replace the tissue expander with the implant. His biggest concern with the burns is infection, and so far, so good. I have also used the home remedy advice of my Mother and used sugar on the "gooey flesh" for quicker healing. Even though Dan thinks I am crazy, because the last time I used one of her home remedies it did not work out so well. Dan could not understand why I would take the chance again, but Mother was persistent and Mother is simply Mother!

If you do not know the story, we were stuffing the fridge with champagne the day before Dan and I wed. The shelf broke and 1, yes only 1, bottle of champagne broke. I had the tiniest cut on my left hand ring finger. Of course, the left hand ring finger...my entire body was there and the cut had to be on the critical body part used in the wedding ceremony. Mother had me soak my hand in kerosene that night to heal the cut. The cut did heal. Unfortunately, it sealed a staph infection in my system. I was in the ER on the morning of our wedding day and in Emergency Surgery on the Monday after our wedding. I had staph and had severed the tendon in my ring finger. Others will testify that kerosene is an OK THING, but not me. OHHH, the memories. You may be like Dan and may not be able to understand why I would attempt another one of Mother's home remedies...UNLESS you know my Mother. She is a Saint, she is completely Harmless, she always looks out for my Best Interest, she Helps me all the time, and Loves me to Infinity.

1 comment:

  1. I'd trust sugar much more than kerosene. Good luck going forward!

    Best,
    Hua
    healthcentral.com

    ReplyDelete